The Most Important Issues Americans THINK They Know Enough About… Edition III
A book by Conrad Miller, MD
In the spirit of the Bob Woodward of the 1970s, Conrad Miller, MD has written an important, no, groundbreaking, book, impeccably researched, and which should be read by all Americans, no matter their political persuasion. ‘The Most Important Issues Americans THINK They Know Enough About…..’ will enlighten you as to the issues the mainstream media will not touch.
– – – Allan Weisbecker, author:
In Search of Captain Zero
(Best Book of Surf Literature Ever)
Dr. Miller’s ability to write “big thoughts” clearly is exceptional and that is one reason I enjoy reading his work — because he assumes the reader is intelligent, but largely uninformed or misinformed — which is surely true — so he provides the ‘backup information’ necessary to make his points. This makes it a GREAT book not just for beginners, but also for experts — his books are well-documented and informative, and draw unique conclusions from unique collections of indisputable facts. Because of his gift of clarity, I think every literate American has the education necessary to understand the complicated ideas he presents.
– – – Ace Hoffman, nuclear archivist
Did You Know?
T. Boone Pickens is investing $10 Billion in the biggest wind farm in the world, in Texas? Why not put that money into the nuclear power industry, which is lobbying for UNLIMITED corporate welfare government subsidies that are claimed to be necessary to build ANY new nuclear plants – – none of which could be online until 2015 at the earliest?
The DNA from genetically modified organisms (GMO’s), including viruses and other species normally alien to our bodies, has already entered our vital organs, and the bacteria in our intestines, though this was not supposed to happen as a result of the gene-alteration of our foods? One controlled study found that rats fed GMO potatoes developed smaller brains, testicles and livers, as compared to rats fed the unaltered parent line of the very same potatoes. Beware, half USA non-organic sugar may be GMO by 2008 if not stopped by labelling or angry consumers.
Italy wants to dump 20,000 tons of its nuclear waste into the USA, with the help of the EnergySolutions corporation? This could be the first big step in making the USA the world’s dumping ground for all the world’s nuclear waste. Although most Tennesseans don’t know it (yet) five landfills in their state are readied now to accept radioactive waste, much of it not to be monitored as it should be. Such waste can enter our industrial and food chains, concentrating in our bra-clips and zippers, for example, while also possibly causing cancer, abortions, mutations, etc., for thousands and millions of years. No safe technique to contain radioactive waste has yet been scientifically devised.
The U.S. is about to start an arms race in space, under the cover of ‘Missile Defense?’ Nuclear weapons and nuclear powered launch vehicles could be included in our violation of the Outer Space Treaty of 1967 which the USA primarily authored after the Soviet Union fired Sputnik, the first manmade satellite, into Earthly orbit in 1957. 163 nations formally reaffirmed opposition to weaponizing space on November 20, 2000. Weapons are now the USA’s #1 industrial export, while ‘defense’ consumes half of USA federal budget ($3 trillion dollars) during economic crisis.
The Most Important Issues Americans THINK They Know Enough About… covers these issues and more, in an informative, conversational, though often times, shocking manner….With an ample dose of humor.
Table of Contents
Introduction – Read the introduction (PDF).
Chapter One: Bush/McCain’s Nuclear Push
- Plutonium,The Most Toxic Element Known To Man And Reprocessing Nuclear Waste
- The USA Is ‘The Persian Gulf Of Wind’
- Energy Efficiency: Negawatts, not Megawatts
- Meanwhile, Germany Leads The Way In Alternative Energy
- Decommissioning Or Disposing Of Over-Aged Nuclear Plants
Chapter Two: Your Food: Mutated, Irradiated, or Pragmatically Pure?
- Opening Discussion
- Sabotaging The Concept Of “Organic” Foods
- Genetically Altering Our Foods
- Milk And Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone
- Food Irradiation
- Factory Farming And Industrial Agriculture
- Aquaculture/Fish Farms
- Dead Zones, (GMO) Corn, Fertilizers And Ethanol
- Realistic Prospects And Measures For Improvement For U.S. Aquaculture
- Food, Seeds, Patents, Yesterday, And The Future
- Slow Food
- What Can I And My Family Eat?
Chapter Three: Star Wars and Space Dominance
- The Theoretical Basics Of Missile ‘Defense’
- Stratcom In Omaha, Nebraska, Where The Next War Will Be Planned, Launched And Co-ordinated
- The USA’s Nazi-Riddled Space History
- Honestly Evaluating Our Space Program, Honoring The Outer Space Treaty Of 1967, Keeping Offensive Weapons Out Of Space
Chapter Four: Surrendering U.S. Sovereignty To The World Trade Organization
- Protecting The USA Against Asian Beetles And Borers
- The ‘Dolphin-Safe’ Tuna Story Plus The Gutting Of Our Sea Turtle Law
- The Burma/Myanmar Boycott Illegalization Story
- Lurks The Danger Of An Unvoted Upon Establishment Of A North American Union (NAU)
- New Hope With A Democratic Majority In US Congress?
Chapter Five: Radioactive Wastes In Your Dump, Air, Water, Utensils, Baby Stroller, Zippers, Anyone?
- Accepting Toxic Radioactive Exposure To Yourself And Your Loved Ones
- What Can You Do?
- Final Thoughts Concerning Radioactive Waste And Nuclear Power
Chapter Six: Preserve Your Dignity, American
About the Author
Conrad Miller M.D. is a physician, poet, surfer, political observer and activist, living in the Hamptons, on the eastern end of New York’s Long Island. He is very concerned about the direction our country is taking, embracing technologies and policies that are out of tune with Earthly realities. With this book he hopes to reveal what too many Americans don’t know so that wiser choices can be made.
“Ignorance is bliss, but essential information breeds wisdom, and fosters the most efficient uses of the USA’s diverse powers to help develop a healthy peaceful world for our children and grandchildren.”
Portion of back cover artwork (planet and satellite) taken from actual image, page 15, ‘Vision For 2020,’viewable on this website in the ‘Documents You Should Read’ section. As an American, or as an Earthling, you should scroll through these stunning 16 picture-filled pages to see what’s up with America’s Vision for Empire and Space/Earth Domination. THEN you’ll understand much more about our government’s behavior.